Helena Schrader's Historical Fiction

Dr. Helena P. Schrader is the author of 24 historical fiction and non-fiction works and the winner of more than 53 literary accolades. More than 34,000 copies of her books have been sold. For a complete list of her books and awards see: http://helenapschrader.com

For readers tired of clichés and cartoons, award-winning novelist Helena P. Schrader offers nuanced insight into historical events and figures based on sound research and an understanding of human nature. Her complex and engaging characters bring history back to life as a means to better understand ourselves.

Thursday, January 31, 2019

"Rebels Against Tyranny" Short-Listed for the Chaucer Award

This month, January 2018, Chanticleer announced the semi-finalists for the 2018 Chaucer Award. Rebels against Tyranny is just one of 11 titles on the short list. A great honor! For the complete list of semi-finalists visit the Chanticleer Book Reviews Website here

For more about Rebels against Tyranny including reviews from respected review sites such as Kirkus and Blue Ink visit: Rebels against Tyranny Page


Progress on the second book in the series, The Emperor Strikes Back, continues. I am now about two-thirds of the way through the rough draft and on the whole comfortable with the way things are shaping up. I greatly appreciate the in-put and advice of my "real-time" test-reader, who will remain nameless until such time as she/he gives me permission to "go public" with it. 

The cover is also underdevelopment. Here's the draft as it now stands:





I was also delighted to take part in a live broadcast of an interview with one of the world's leading experts (not to say THE leading expert) on the archaeology of the crusades. You can find the recording here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7zOekawDAs




That's all for this month. Thanks for checking in and I'll report back at the end of February.



 

3 comments:

  1. "I greatly appreciate the in-put and advice of my "real-time" test-reader . . ."

    Okay, color me jealous. LOL

    I've slowed down in my reading, I apologize. Time for me to finish your series. Purchases shall be made today.

    I've been wrestling my way through the meaty tome: "The New Knighthood" by Malcolm Barber. Your recommendation, as I recall. We'll talk about it.

    Time for more of your informative, yet lighter works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barber is better as a reference than a read. I couldn't live without it, but you do sort of have to fight your way through it.... Hope you'll like "Rebels" -- and leave a review if you do.

      Delete
  2. I like the title of the next book. Very clever! I have a backlog of your books on my Kindle to read. About 5.

    ReplyDelete