This month opened with the announcement that Rebels against Tyranny had won Silver (2nd Place) for Historical Fiction in the Feathered Quill Book Awards 2019. It ended with the announcement that Rebels against Tyranny had been awarded a BRAG medallion. Here's what the judges for both awards had to say:
Feathered Quill Book Awards Judges' Comments.
- I remember reading this for review. I was blown away then and still am.
- The research that went into this book was amazing.
- The tale was clear, easy to understand and told in a way that brought the reader back to the 6th Crusade.
- Content/plot receives a perfect score 50 out of 50
For the complete list of winners visit: https://featheredquill.com/2019-winners/
- This was an absolutely outstanding novel. The characters were fascinating, and their story compelling and well written. I can’t recommend it strongly enough.
- Like the writing style, characters are so vivid and well rounded. Book flows well, exciting page after page.
- I found this title an excellent and engaging read from an oft-overlooked perspective, the Crusades from the point of view of the Christians ruling outside an Islamic controlled Jerusalem. Well researched and innovative subject matter.
Hope you find it intriguing! Comments and feedback are welcome, as there's still time for changes.